/ About me
Currently I am a PhD student at the Imperial College London in the Robot Vision group. If you'd like to get in touch with me, please use one of the social networks, or write me an email.
- Name : Lukas Platinsky
- Age : 26
- Location : London, UK
- IT interests : Computer Vision
- Other interests : Poker, Ballroom
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
/ Programming skills
- C++, CUDA
- Java (Android, Play framework)
- Swift (iOS)
- HTML + CSS
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
/ Language skills
- Slovak native
- English fluent
- German basics
Software Engineer Intern – Google, Mountain View
June 2014 - September 2014
- Worked in the Research team on high fidelity 3D scanning.
- Implemented texture and mesh alignment based on geometry.
- Used C++ and Ceres Solver.
Software Engineer Intern – Google, Zurich
July 2013 - October 2013
- Worked on clustering similar flights in the Flight Search team.
- Developed a number of different backend and UI prototypes in order to explore the potential of the features.
- Used some machine learning techniques, worked in Java and GWT.
Lead Developer – Prizeo, London
June 2012 - present
- Developed complex back-end features on the web site.
- Responsible for developing a certificatied random number generator, authentication, and payment system.
- Used mostly Java and Play framework.
Summer Intern – CoreFiling Ltd., Oxford
- Worked mostly on improving the back-end for internal SVN-based Wiki.
- Later worked on a continuous deployment engine and code obfuscation.
- Gained further experience in Java and learned Python.
Summer Intern – Oxford University Computing Services
- Worked on improving a document conversion web service.
- Designed the user interface and added many new conversions.
Web Developer – Positive s.r.o., Slovakia
- Built and administrated web sites and e-commerce solutions.
PhD in Computing – Imperial College, London
October 2012 - March 2016
- As a member of the Robot Vision Group I am working on feature-based and dense systems. Developed a framework for comparing the systems and working on semantic regularisation right now.
Undergraduate Masters in Computer Science – Oxford University
October 2008 - June 2012
- During my studies I have specialised in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Graphics.
- My Master's thesis was about creating an AI agent for a stochastic game with imperfect information.
- My Bachelor's thesis was about visualising and animating the processes involved in the graphics pipeline.